Are you passionate about using your skills to improve the lives of others around the world? If yes, then TechChange might be the place for you. Training Facilitators are ultimately responsible for client training success and overall participant experience.
- An established brand in online learning. Check out our on-demand course demo
- A dream team of 20 creative and tech-savvy colleagues
- An openness to new ideas and methodologies
- A passion for working with clients and learners who want to improve the world
- A bright former yoga studio for an office in the heart of DC’s U Street corridor
- A fun, dynamic, and collaborative work culture
- Full and part-time positions available
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
Training Facilitators are ultimately responsible for client training success and overall participant experience. Specifically, this role is responsible for the full training cycle: conception, creation, and delivery (+ refinement) of powerful training experiences to achieve partner success on tight timelines in alignment with TechChange best practices.
TechChange is a US social enterprise providing online courses, in-person training and workshops addressing social and global challenges in the international development space. This role may facilitate online trainings or webinars from time to time.
Please provide a training portfolio and/or video(s) of your facilitation experience upon submission of your application.
- Client Contact: Collaborate with client to develop a training(s)/workshop(s) aligning with their needs. Interview SMEs as needed.
- Coordination: Coordinate resources to successfully execute trainings and workshops in alignment with client needs.
- Success: Design and implement training/workshop aligning with client needs and expectations (training-specific); exhibit zeal and confidence to bolster participant engagement (training-specific); proactively review client needs to suggest conversion of in-person training/workshop to online course(s) aligning with Techchange model (business development).
- Business Development: Coordinate with the COO and team to generate proposals for new and existing clients, where appropriate.
- System Strengthening: Provide insights into systems and processes that will improve role effectiveness across partnerships and internal teams.
- Curriculum Development: Actively grow TechChange training resource(s) and material(s) as needed.
- Communication: Leverage partner insights to inform the community through blog posts, case studies, webinars, or other formats.
- Tracking: High level tracking of training/workshop request trends and other data that may yield macro insights into learner behavior and needs.
General office environment. Position will require extensive time sitting or standing and viewing computer screens.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- May occasionally lift, carry, stoop, bend, etc. (no more than 20 pound).
- Ability to walk up multiple flights of stairs.
- Ability to travel in the US and international (less than 20% time)
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of comparable experience in related field
- Minimum 2 years in-person training facilitation experience (online facilitation a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and modern educational principles
- Ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, deliver training, reflect and refine)
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with partners and peers (experience in Sales or Customer Service a plus)
- Skillfully traverse the line between facilitating and teaching, contingent on the subject matter
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent presentation and communication skills necessary
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in additional languages highly valued
Please provide a training portfolio and/or video(s) of your facilitation experience upon submission of your application
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Remote work options
- Parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Commuting Benefits
- 401k, with company matching (eligible after 6 months)
- Professional development funding