Social media has fundamentally changed the way that governments, nonprofits, companies and universities interact with each other and with their communities. But what impact have these channels had on fostering tangible and measurable social change?
This four-week online certificate course will explore how organizations can leverage digital tools and tactics to support their mission and their message – with a focus on empowering supporters to act as change agents.
Through case studies and real world examples, participants will gain practical exposure to social media platforms and digital campaigns and learn how to integrate successful campaign tactics into their work. Additionally, the course will address the importance of digital analytics and discuss how data can improve outcomes. Participants can expect a dynamic and interactive learning environment with a variety of discussions, practical exercises, and expert talks aimed at crafting and executing an effective digital strategy for the 21st century.
Course Topics and Featured Tech
- Social media platforms for digital engagement (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr)
- Big data and social media monitoring: How to sift through the noise
- Integrating your digital strategy into a broader campaign
- Why analytics and data visualization tools matter (Thrive, Tweetdeck, Curulate, Union Metrics, Visual.ly)
Participants will be able to…
- critically analyze both the opportunities and the pitfalls that emerge when leveraging social media to facilitate social change
- manage specific social media tools for advocacy, research and policy-planning
- develop integrated campaigns that leverage social to support to the mission
- analyze online metrics to test and improve digital engagement strategies
- $395 if application and payment is submitted by May 15th
- $445 if application and payment is submitted by course start date